Thursday, August 2, 2012

A series of updates: January-April.

Since my body still thinks we're in Uganda and it's 10am there, let's use my 3am wake-up to update the interwebs on what us Johnson's have been up to of late.  In my head I will be a faithfully devoted blogger, draw a fan following and achieve mini internet fame.  Clearly with like 3 posts/year and a pretty normal life, this is probably not going to happen but for the few folks who care and want to know what's been happening....this post is for you.

I left of last October after a wedding in Charlottesville and a challenge to get in shape. 

In December I joined a gym and have since lost 20lbs!!!!  It's a slow and steady weight loss but that's ok.

In January we had a birthday party for Chad and then I snuck him off to Baltimore thanks to a groupon.  The aquarium in Baltimore is awesome and my love is all about some marine life.  We also lucked out and attended during restaurant week so we got some Ruth's Chris' Steak for cheap :)
Here are a few photos from our trip. 


We took a walk in the moonlight.


We had some delicious seafood here.

They had these really cool color changing bubble towers.

A view from the aquarium.


One of the exhibits.


Chad toured the aquarium for 8 hours. 100 wife points awarded to me for not complaining once. :)

Dolphin show!

Which was definitely my favorite part.

Jelly fish

Another exhibit.




Sunset in Baltimore.

In February I went to Hilton Head Island for a Bachelorette party with some of my roommates from college.  It was so great to catch up and see them again and celebrate the upcoming nuptials of one sweet lady and her beau.  Check out the pictures:

The lovely MOH Ellen and beautiful bride to be Lauren.





Julie came all the way from Washington! :)
Susanna won a dance contest and Lauren got a prize for being the bachelorette!
The whole gang at dinner.
In March we ventured to Richmond to see Lauren's wedding.  It was just as beautiful as she is. 
We also did a few hotdog and bake sales and even a Zumba event for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.  Chad is so supportive of my attempts to raise money for such a worthy cause, even if it means selling hotdogs, working Zumba registration or waking up bright and early to go to the walk.

The walk was in April and was a great success.  We also headed home to VA for Easter and Chad and I both had a few days off which we deemed adult spring break and we planted a vegetable garden in our back yard.

Up next is May, June and July including pictures from our trip to Uganda!

No comments:

Post a Comment